Iowa DOT Offers Winter Travel Information – Online, Anytime
511 information is available in several convenient formats,
select the one that best meets your needs.
- By phone (call 511 within Iowa or 800-288-1047 toll-free nationwide).
- On Facebook and Twitter (visit www.iowadot.com/511/socialmedia.htmlfor details).
- On the Internet at www.511ia.org.
- In a mobile device-compatible format (visit www.511ia.org).
- Email and/or text message (Get personalized “My Reports” alerts via email and/or text message. Alerts keep travelers informed about traffic incidents, road closures and other restrictions that affect the highway routes users have preselected. It’s easy to subscribe to My Reports and sign up to receive the email/text alerts. Visit http://www.iowadot.gov/511/MyReportsAlerts.htmlfor simple, step-by-step instructions.)
Media access to an Iowa DOT Highway Division spokesperson will be provided from 4 a.m. – 10 p.m. during significant winter events; call 515-233-7960 for assistance.